For Robert Frost's "Mending Wall" this Close Reading lesson gives students the opportunity to read, react, read again, and reflect on the deeper meanings. Included are -
- First Impression graphic response page
- Close Focus Questions, side-by-side with the text of the poem
- Instructions for students to mark as they reread
- Analysis page for the structure of the poem
- Analysis page for underlying messages and theme
- Essential Question, with room for student responses
- Teacher Suggestions
- Puzzle page for early finishers
All answers included.
Aligns with CCSS ELA R 1, 2, 3, 4, 5; W 1 &; 2
For other Robert Frost lessons, click here:
Out, Out . . .
The Master Speed
The Death of the Hired Man