This metaphor activity packet includes a number of activities that will allow your students to understand and analyze the use of metaphors in writing. It will also give them the opportunity to be creative in their construction of metaphors!
This Is Included In My 130+ Page Figurative Language Bundle. Click Below!
FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE RESOURCE BUNDLE
TEACHER FEEDBACK ON THIS RESOURCE:
♥ I downloaded it and was ready to go the next day. Students like seeing the different formats.
♥ This is a great packet on Metaphors, I cannot wait to use them with my class. i think it will help make Metaphors clearer for my students. Thank You so much
♥ My students enjoyed analyzing the music metaphor, and immediately looked up the song so they could hear it.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• Metaphors in music (analysis of metaphors in the song "I Am A Rock" with answer key **Please note that the lyrics are not included for copyright reasons, but a link is provided to the lyrics to the song)
• Metaphors in advertisements (Analyzing metaphors in advertisement slogans)
• Extended metaphor poem (Analysis of a poem by Langston Hughes which uses an extended metaphor **Please not that the poem is not included for copyright reasons, but a link is provided to a full text of the poem).
• 6 metaphor task cards with creative subjects for group writing
• Metaphor graphic organizer for recording metaphors in reading.
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
HUGE POETRY RESOURCE BUNDLE
TPT BEST SELLER: A YEAR OF ENGLISH BELL RINGERS
A YEAR OF LITERARY TERMS
© Presto Plans
Click HERE To Sign Up For 2 Weeks Of FREE English Bell Ringers