IMPORTANT NOTE: If You Need a Specific Award That is Not Listed Here, Reach Out To Me Through Q & A Section on TPT. I Will Be Happy To Create It and Add it to the Collection.
Student's need to know they are valued and appreciated. One way to let them know is it to present them with certificates, whether you present it publicly, privately, staple it to their assignment being returned to them or, if they have a student folder or journal with pockets, simply place inside for them to find! Surprise! You are valued!
Each is created with a colorful background, but can be reproduced in black and white as well. In addition, each has a inspiring quote such as the following:
- "Self belief and hard work will always earn you success.” – Virat Kohli
- “It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get back up.” – Vince Lombardi
- “If you can't fly, then run. If you can't run, then walk. If you can't walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
These rewards can be used various ways:
- Teacher presented, filled out by the teacher
- Peer presented, filled out by a peer and presented
- Filled out by a student committee and presented
Students may appreciate the reward; however, you may choose to present them with the opportunity to receive a tangible reward along with the certificate
- A homework pass
- 10 free minutes at the end of class
- 5 extra credit point on their next test
- The choice to work with the partner of their choosing on their next class assignment or project
As the instructor, it is up to you what you feel is appropriate rewards for your students.
Use these reward certificates to let you students know they are valued and appreciated. Make sure everyone gets noticed and recognized! Try to give every student the same amount of praise; find something good in each student—event the most challenging.
The certificates include:
- All A's Club
- All B's Club
- Celebrating Your Success
- Creativity Award
- Growth Mindset Award
- Hard Work Award
- Kindness Award
- Most Improved Award
- Problems Solving Award
- Thinking Outside the Box Award
- You Rocked It! Award
- (And of course)
- Geography Bee Award - What do you expect? I am a Geography instructor.