For Karen Cushman's riveting story, here are novel study questions for every chapter to reinforce student knowledge of life in the Middle Ages as seen through the eyes of a young teenage girl. Students answer on their own paper, saving copier and toner costs.
This unit contains -
- Focus Questions for each chapter, with answer key - in two formats: the first format requires students to answer on their own notebook paper - the second leaves room on each question for students to answer directly on the question page.
- a two page novel test, with answer key,
- an essential question handout, with prompt, on its own stationery which has a border that makes it a good display item for your writing wall,
- short lesson on centuries which will review students' knowledge of numbering/naming centuries,
- puzzles for names in the novel,
- vocabulary word study worksheets, with a glossary,
- a worksheet for poetry connections.
Two illustration pages for students to demonstrate their concept of scenes are included, too.
CCSS - ELA 6,7,8 included in this unit:
RL 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9 This file has a check list for RL standards.
W 1, 2, 4
Two other Karen Cushman products I have are for Rodzina and Matilda Bone, Click below:
ALCHEMY and MEGGY SWANN
For more activities you might want this product:
Medieval Close Readings
created by AZSunset Cross-Curricular Literacy