Students explore mime through guided drama experiences. Students are introduced to and explore the performance of mime and the use of facial expressions, gesture and movement to tell a story. NO PREP REQUIRED! This curriculum aligned drama unit has 3 x 60 minute detailed lesson plans with extension and differentiation activities and commentary for a whole class mimed food fight! A perfect and engaging way to explore mime with your primary classes.
- 3 x 60 Minute Detailed Lesson Plans
- Mime Cards (with a simple mime for each student to perform)
- Mime Emotion Cards to cut out and use
- Additional and Extension Activities
- The great big food fight commentary for an entire class mime performance
KEY VOCABULARY: Mime, Gesture, Facial Expressions, Body Language, Exaggerated Movement, Attention to Detail, Emotions.
UNIT AIMS: Through guided drama experiences, students are introduced to and explore the performance of mime and the use of facial expressions, gesture and movement to tell a story.
- Use facial expressions, body language and movement to convey meaning
- Perform mime with attention to detail
- Listen / respond to drama instructions
- Use specific / focused gesture
- Communicate ideas using the body and movement
- Contribute to the development of a sequential plot in a guided drama experience
- Use drama vocabulary
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAMA RESOURCES?
DRAMA GAMES: Drama Trunk has free collections of drama games and activities available to download.
DRAMA CARDS: Never be stuck for a drama activity again with Drama Trunk Drama Cards.
DRAMA TRUNK DRAMA CARDS ARE A DRAMA TEACHER'S BEST FRIEND! Just print, laminate (optional) and cut out a set of versatile drama cards that you can use over and over again. I cannot count how many times and ways I have used drama cards – absolutely my most handy drama resource.
Use DRAMA TRUNK drama cards for tons of creative, fun, imaginative, any day activities, including:
• Drama games (including last minute activities)
• Warm ups
• Team building and cooperation activities
• Improvisation / quick thinking
• Audition / rehearsal activities
• Language activities
• Guided learning
• Listening skills
Combine the use of multiple cards for even more activities, challenges and ideas (you will have a HUGE amount of drama activities ready to go when needed).
******** DRAMA CARD BUNDLE ********
The following 17 DRAMA TRUNK drama card sets are available individually or as a CLASSIC BUNDLED PACK
******** EVEN MORE DRAMA CARDS ********
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING CARDS AVAILABLE INDIVIDUALLY (NOT PART OF A BUNDLE) AT MY STORE:
FORBIDDEN WORD SCENES
THEATRE / THEATER STYLES
+ MORE AVAILABLE
Stay tuned to my page DRAMA TRUNK
for more fantastic drama resources (coming soon) – from drama activities and classes for little people; primary school level drama; secondary curriculum, added drama cards and more...
Please note that this product is for personal classroom or home school use by a single purchaser only. You may not distribute, copy or modify this product other than for your own personal, non-commercial classroom use.
© Drama Trunk. All rights reserved.