MINDFULNESS BREATHING EXERCISES: Classroom Management Mindfulness Coping Skills
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Save tons of planning time and get your students excited about social emotional learning with WholeHearted's Storewide Growing Bundle! Grab over 140 effective and fun counseling and SEL activities and lessons at 50% off. And help your students to build healthy social emotional skills, such as selfPrice $272.11Original Price $544.22Save $272.11
- This social emotional learning mega bundle contains many of WholeHearted School Counseling's SEL games and activities to help children learn, practice, and develop coping skills, self-regulation, social skills, and self-esteem. This SEL Bundle contains some of WholeHearted's top selling resources.Price $185.00Original Price $301.25Save $116.25
- What's in this Coping Tools Bundle: Classroom YogaKids Coping Skills: Stress Management SEL Distance LearningDigital Animated Breathing ExercisesSelf-Regulation Coping Skills & Social Emotional Learning BookMindfulness Breathing Exercises for KidsPortable Calm CornerCalm Down CornerDigital CalmPrice $33.00Original Price $56.25Save $23.25
BREATHING EXERCISES for YOUR TRAUMA SENSITIVE CLASSROOM, CALM CORNER, DISTANCE LEARNING or HOME
The Breathing Exercises for Kids Book, Task Cards, Mindfulness Brain Breaks and Posters is now also in Google Slides™ for distance learning social emotional learning support.
These exercises will help bring mindfulness, focus and calm into your classroom or home. This resource teaches 15 different fun and effective mindful breathing techniques, reinforced with (adorable) illustrations that provide detailed visual support for all learners. Perfect for your Trauma Informed Classroom and Take a Break or Calm Corner space.
For More Distance Learning Ready Breathing Exercises, check out:
- Digital Mindfulness Breathing Exercises & Video SEL Lesson for Distance Learning
- Self-Regulation Breaks & Mindfulness Breathing Videos for SEL Distance Learning
WHY TEACH MINDFUL BREATHING EXERCISES?
Mindful breathing helps us to feel calmer, more focused, and better able to make thoughtful decisions about what to do next. Mindful breathing also improves self-control, problem-solving skills, self-awareness, attention, memory, and even sleep (which we know is critical for child development and learning).
Mindful breathing is a great routine educators can implement in their classrooms. It hardly takes much time, is a quiet activity, can work wonders with transitions, and helps to shift chaos energy into peaceful energy.
When we pay attention to our breathing, and "breathe on purpose," the oxygen that we take in literally sends a message to the brain that everything is okay. In other words, mindful breathing helps us to move out of a reactive state into a receptive state, which also means we are more ready to learn and can make better decisions in whatever context we find ourselves in.
How many times have we told young people, "Just take a deep breath" without really showing them different ways they can do this? This resource is a concrete guide to do such!
in digital format:
✔ Google Slides™ with and without Interactive Feelings Check-In
✔ PowerPoint File of each Breathing Exercise
in printable format:
✔ Breathing Exercise Interactive Book (with and without tabs)
✔ Task Cards: Square and Circle Frames
✔ Posters and Checklists
✔ Reminder Breathing Bracelets and Bookmarks
✔ Breathing Exercise Guide Take Home Handouts
✔ Breathing BINGO Challenge
✔ Detailed Instructions
✔ Color and Black/White Printing Options
IDEAS FOR USE:
-Incorporate into morning meeting and transition routines.
-Use as Mindfulness Brain Breaks
-Use book, poster and/or task cards in your Calm Corner or Take a Break Spot
-Hang 18"X24" poster up for easy visual reminder
-Kids can wear their favorite breathing exercise on their wrist as a visual cue to help them self-regulate or focus when needed
-Invite students and their families to practice breathing exercises at home...send home copies of the Breathing Exercise Guide and Breathing BINGO Challenge for homework
-Use them yourself....when feeling stressed or overwhelmed (my personal go-to is the Ocean Waves; I use it all the time with my own very loud kids :)
You May Also Enjoy:
⭐ Trauma Sensitive Classroom Rules, Values & Expectations: Editable Banner Decor
⭐ Our Classroom Calm Corner Toolbox
⭐ Feelings Check-In and Calming Strategies Choice Board
⭐ Self-Regulation Coping Tools Desk Reference Name Tags