Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.25 MB | 6 pages
MINI-BOOK for Literature Response – Delight your students with this Mini-Book foldable assessment after reading ANY short story, short drama, or section of a novel! Students will enjoy creating these mini-books while analyzing literature and practicing Common Core literacy skills.
THE TOPICS OF THIS MINI-BOOK ARE:
---Main Character Analysis
---Significant Event and Its Impact
---Sketch of a Character with Text Details (Physical Description)
---Figurative Language and Meaning
---Sketch of Important Setting and Explain Impact
---Development of Theme
This Product Includes:
1. MINI-BOOK – 7 pages plus cover – Each page is attractively designed with headings, prompts, boxes and lined sections for student responses.
2. LITERATURE RESPONSE DIRECTIONS – This page for students describes each of the tasks. Students get a specific explanation of how they should approach their work for each page of the Mini-Book.
3. MINI-BOOK ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS – A step-by-step directions page for folding and assembling the Mini-Books includes pictures.
4. MINI-BOOK GRADE SHEET – A quick and easy grading half-page slip (2 on a page)
5. TEACHER TIPS AND COMMON CORE STANDARDS – A guide for using the product and the standards that align to the Mini-Book
Just print and use! The Mini-Book assignment also makes a great sub plan if you have to be out. Just choose a story! Students are eager to work on the Mini-Books and clear student directions keep them focused.
Please download the PREVIEW to get a closer look!
Check out some of my other Common Core products by clicking below: