Creating in-text citations for research projects is always a challenging task for my students. This is an activity I use to show them how fundamental the process actually is.
DIGITAL-ENABLED FOR DISTANCE LEARNING
- First, there is a sample Work Cited page with different types of bibliographic citations.
- Following is a practice activity that requires kids to circle the first word of the citation then proceed through several more steps identifying and distinguishing the source, and finally writing the source in parentheses beside the entry.
- There is a section of the handout where they can note what they discovered through the activity to serve as a reminder for them when they create their own citations.
- Next are instructions to apply the same process to their own Works Cited list with a reminder of what information requires documentation in research papers.
- I usually have students complete the activity independently then check answers in a peer group while I meander throughout the classroom resolving disputes and checking that they’ve accomplished the task successfully.
- This activity has made a great difference in the students’ comprehension of and application of the skill of documenting their research.
- MLA8 Format.
*****This product is enabled as a Digital Activity, so you can assign it directly to Google Classroom. There is also a fillable PDF version included, so you can either print it out on paper or use it outside of Google Classroom on a computer/tablet for distance learning or homeschooling. Answer Key included in the PDF.
Thank you for your consideration of this resource.
O SOME GREAT STUFF FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login).
Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button; click it, and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
I appreciate your feedback; it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my new products, free resources, and store sales:
• Click below to follow O Some Great Stuff for English Teachers TpT Store:
Have a pleasant day! Lori O