A bag of M&M's for every kiddo is all it takes to make a fun and learning filled class period!!
Students will use their M&M bag as hard data to study probability, expected value, normal distribution and more.
This activity includes:
- Tabulating the colors in their bag
- Using claimed percentages to find how many they "should" have gotten for each color.
- Collect whole class data
- Calculate expected values
- Create a histogram
- Answer some probability questions regarding theoretical and experimental probabilities.
- Use a normal distribution and bell curve to analyze results.