For Gary Paulsen's novel here is a unit designed to allow students to immerse themselves into the protagonist's experiences. The Quick Quizzes allow for a faster pace of reading than focus questions, allowing students to keep their interest level high. Included are:
- A one page setting facts worksheet,
- Focus Questions for Chapter 1, to get students oriented to the characters in the novel.
- Quick quizzes (7 types) for Chapters 2 thru 21,
- a dialog completion chart for Chapter 22,
- Word Study worksheets: Ch. 1 to 10; Ch. 11 to 22,
- a Word Search for names in the novel,
- a word scramble for food items on the trail,
- sixteen half-page (task card style) writing prompts that cover CCSS ELA Writing 1, 2, & 3,
- Teacher Suggestions,
- illustration opportunity
- Essential Question on its own stationery,
- ALL ANSWERS INCLUDED.
See Preview for sample pages.
Please, check out my other Paulsen novel units:.
CALL ME FRANCIS TUCKET Novel Study
TUCKET'S RIDE Novel Study