This is a 3-page lesson plan containing one lesson focused on providing a context for discussing college admission. The lesson is based on the text "A Middle School Plan for Students with College-Bound Dreams: Workbook," however, the activity can be completed without making reference to the workbook.
● Expand student’s awareness of the college admissions process.
● Engage students in self-reflection regarding the type of college applicant they wish
Estimated time to complete: 45 min. Undetermined time to complete the multimedia presentation.
● What do you know about the college admissions process?
● How would a student with good grades and test scores get accepted into a college
where the average students has GREAT grades and test scores?
● How could you maximize the opportunities in school to become a GREAT college applicant?
● Internet access (and access to YouTube)
● Supplement: A Kindergarten Passion for Drawing pdf
● Form (MS) Narrative: What I Have Learned About College Admissions
● Pre-reading: A Middle School Plan for Students with College-Bound Dreams: Workbook (X, opposite page 1)