Excel File Rightmoves Real Estate
Once a house, apartment or townhouse is listed, various calculations must be made and charts produced to give both agents and clients a clear understanding of the prospective sale. This includes the commission to the agent, advertising fees and required deposit on sale.
1) Format the numbers in columns I, J and K to appear as currency. ($)
2) Calculate the Average listing price, advertising cost and the possible commission in Cells I: 147, J:147 and K:147
3) Calculate the MIN and MAX: Calculate the Minimum & Maximum values for ‘properties listed’ advertising cost and ‘commission earned’.
Select suitable chart types to answer each of the situations below.
4) Using the Property Sales worksheet, produce a graph for Prime Real Estate which shows a comparison of the total sales over the last 6 years.
5) Using the same worksheet, produce a graph which compares the trend of monthly sales of 2008 with 2013.
c) Sales Bonus: The manager of the agency would like to award her top selling agent with a bonus for their hard work. A quarterly bonus is awarded to the sales agent who earns the highest rates of commission for the firm.
Create a suitable chart/table that calculates the total possible commission earned by each sales agent. Present your results in a graph. Which sales agent is likely to receive the bonus?
HINT: Use a Pivot Chart
Part 3: Mail Merge using MS Word