- SAVE 30% by purchasing ALL my NGSS Aligned Middle School Life Science SNAPs Lab Activities!About SNAPs Lab Stations ActivitiesSNAPs Lab Stations require students to use science, math, literacy, problem-solving and engineering skills. They are designed to enhance students' understanding of scientific$122.50$175.00Save $52.50
- SAVE 35% by purchasing ALL my Life Science Lab Stations Activities!This is a GROWING Bundle. PLEASE READ:• Products with "active" links are currently included in the bundle. • Resources are uploaded to this bundle as they are completed. I do not wait to upload new resources.• The price of this bundl$224.25$345.00Save $120.75
- SAVE 30% by purchasing ALL my Plants Lab Stations Activities!This is a GROWING Bundle. PLEASE READ:• Products with "active" links are currently included in the bundle. • Resources are uploaded to this bundle as they are completed. I do not wait to upload new resources.• The price of this bundle will$24.50$35.00Save $10.50
- About this Product• This resource includes NGSS Aligned Lessons and SNAPs Lab Activities for Middle School Life Science• This product includes the MOST ESSENTIAL lessons and labs so to align your classroom to NGSS• Some lessons in this bundle are not aligned to NGSS but are included for completeness$264.50$529.00Save $264.50
- Save 35% by purchasing ALL my NGSS aligned Plants teaching materials!This is a GROWING bundle. PLEASE READ:• The price of this bundle will increase as additional materials are added. • This product includes FREE downloads of ALL future Plants products.Important Notes:• Download a FREE Unit Bundle to$96.98$149.20Save $52.22
- Product Description
About SNAPs Lab Stations Activities
SNAPs Lab Stations Activities require students to use science, math, literacy, problem-solving and engineering skills. They are designed to enhance students' understanding of scientific concepts and help students apply scientific ideas to the real world. Each station activity promotes skills so to develop students into proficient and competent scientific thinkers.
SNAPs lab activities have five components:
• Science Skills Station to develop science skill proficiency
• Narrative Station to build science literacy
• Assessment Station to evaluate learning and understanding
• Problem-Solving Station to foster engineering design
• Synthesis/Summary Project to inspire higher-order learning
• Download the FREE SNAPs Lab Stations Setup Guide for best practices, signage and editable grading rubrics
• Download a FREE SNAPs Lab Stations Activity to learn more about my SNAPs labs
• Save 40% with the Integrated Science Lab Bundle
• Save 45% with the Life Science Complete Curriculum
• Save 50% with the Integrated Science Complete Curriculum
A description of the activities at each station in this particular lab is detailed below.
Photosynthesis Lab Learning Objectives
1. Identify the reactants and products of photosynthesis.
2. Explain the importance of sunlight in photosynthesis.
3. Describe how photosynthesis plays a role in the flow of matter and energy between living things on Earth.
4. Model the process of photosynthesis so to demonstrate the breakdown and rebuilding of water and carbon dioxide into sugar and oxygen.
5. Predict how life on Earth would change without plants, algae and other photosynthetic organisms.
Science Skills Station
Students will graph, analyze and interpret data to determine the importance of sunlight and carbon dioxide in the chemical process of photosynthesis. Students will use the data better understand the process of photosynthesis.
Students will read an informational text about photosynthesis and the importance of sunlight, carbon dioxide, water and chlorophyll in this process. Students will also read about the importance of photosynthesis is the flow of matter and energy between living things on Earth.
At this station, students will answer questions about key terms and ideas relating to photosynthesis. Students will have to employ lower, mid and higher order thinking skills to answer these questions.
Students will create a model that demonstrates the process of photosynthesis. The model will show how the matter of water and carbon dioxide is rearranged into food (sugar) and oxygen with energy from sunlight.
Students will have a choice of 11 projects. Refer to the SNAPs Lab Stations Best Practices and Setup Guide for directions and suggestions on how to conduct the project.
NEXT GENERATION SCIENCE STANDARDS
This laboratory satisfies NGSS MS-LS1-6. It combines the three dimensions of science learning - science and engineering practices, disciplinary core ideas and crosscutting concepts - to meet the standard. This lab also makes interdisciplinary connections to STEM, Math CCSS and ELA CCSS to build the appropriate skills.
This download includes:
• A pre-lab assignment and post-lab reflection
• Directions and questions for each lab station
• Student recording sheets
• Teacher Key
Additional Materials Required:
• All rights reserved by Stephanie Elkowitz.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
• Intended for classroom and personal use only.
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
• Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).