This zip file (recognized by recent Windows versions) includes all necessary items to introduce your students to the Metric / SI system of measurement. It includes the topics of base units, common prefixes and solving basic conversion problems.
- Teacher Instruction Sheet with information on implementing the lesson.
- 15+ Slide PowerPoint Presentation with a review of concepts, solving of practice problems in Office 2003 and 2010 formats.
- Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle and generator files.
- Multiple Practice Worksheets with Metric Prefix Chart.
- Measuring Distance Minilab Activity including data collection, reporting in a table, presenting in graph form and application questions.
- Examview Testbank file to produce endless variations of worksheets, quizzes and/or test assessments.
- Links to my YouTube and other educational resources.
Applicable Next Generation Science Standards:
- NGSS apparently makes the assumption that HS students already know this material.