Use these 40 task cards with your students to help them practice solving word problems that include MULTI-STEP EQUATIONS and equations with VARIABLES ON BOTH SIDES. This resource includes 40 task cards, a student answer sheet, and an answer key. Your students will love working with these task cards.
These MULTI-STEP EQUATIONS Task Cards are perfect for reinforcing concepts through individual student practice, pair-share, early finishers, and assessment prep.
✔ Equations with Variables on Both Sides
✔ Equations with Rational Numbers
✔ Multi-Step Equations
I place one task card on each of my students desks and give them 2-3 minutes to complete the problem and record their answer on their answer sheet. Once time is up I have my students "scoot" to the next desk to solve the new problem. The students LOVE doing this activity because it gets them moving. I highly recommend printing these task cards and answer key on card stock. Laminate them if possible so that they can be used for years.
Common Core Aligned :
* 8.EE.7a - Give examples of linear equations in one variable with one solution, infinitely many solutions, or no solutions.
* 8.EE.7b - Solve linear equations with rational number coefficients, including equations whose solutions require expanding expressions using the distributive property and collecting like terms.
BUNDLE UP & SAVE $$ with my Multi-Step Equation UNIT RESOURCE BUNDLE
Get it all in my 8th Grade Common Core MEGA-BUNDLE!
More MULTI-STEP EQUATIONS resources:
* Multi-Step Equations ERROR ANALYSIS
* Multi-Step Equations PROBLEM SOLVING GRAPHIC ORGANIZER
* Multi-Step Equations TASK CARDS
* Multi Step Equations MAZE, RIDDLE, COLORING PAGE
More 8TH GRADE review:
* 8th Grade Daily/Weekly REVIEW
* 8th Grade Winter MATH PACKET
* 8th Grade WORD PROBLEMS WITH GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS BUNDLE
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.