Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
These multplication heart math puzzles make it quick and easy for teachers to provide hands on games that meet the needs of all students. Use them for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparents Day, or anytime you want to show the love. They work great as activities, centers, stations, or games. With a no prep option - these are the perfect last minute resource for your 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students!
WHAT YOU GET:
• Three heart puzzle options (24 pieces each) with 36 multiplication problems for facts 0-12
• No Prep options of t he three puzzles above
• Two editable rubric options
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
• Centers, stations, or rotations
• Review of multiplying facts 0-12
• Early or fast finishers
• GATE (gifted and talented education)
• Worksheet alternatives
• Critical thinking skills
• Student, partner, or small group collaboration
• As a Valentine's Day activity
• to create a sweet card for Mother's Day, Father's Day, or Grandparents Day
• as a Muffins for Moms or Donuts for Dads bulletin board
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
• Fantastic resource for group work. It really gets the students thinking!
• Loved this! My students loved having the opportunity to be creative and cut/glue for once during math!
• I gave this to my high/gifted learners for enrichment. The students really loved it. Thank you for a cute product!
• My students LOVED this activity. It was a great review. I loved that it had multiple versions.
• We love all of your multiplication puzzles! Thank you for creating incredible high quality resources!
• This is super fun. I had my students work in groups to solve this. The students had a great time.
If you want multiplication puzzles you can use at ANY time of year, check out these Multiplication Magic Square Puzzles.
There are three heart puzzles included in this download. Plus you also get a NO PREP option of each of those puzzles. This means there are 6 total puzzle options! Choose which option works best for your students.
These puzzles help address CCSS 3.OA.C.7
The no prep puzzles are a great option if you want students to get some fine motor cutting practice and NOT know the final shape. These “cut out” sheets are meant to be given directly to the students to cut out and put together so they don't know the shape. These will be more challenging. But they are no prep – just print and go!
An editable PowerPoint file has been included as a center rubric. A full page option and half page option are both included. Print these out for immediate use, or change the wording and format to fit the needs of YOUR students.
Use these puzzles anytime you need a fun math activity - particularly for Valentine's Day or to show the love.
Students with special needs also do well with these once they understand the concept. With this fun game format your students will stay engaged while practicing necessary skills!
These puzzles are meant to be somewhat of a challenge - which is perfect to promote a growth mindset. Students will have to keep in mind the shape of the heart and persevere if the task seems challenging. Tell students to rotate the pieces around and analyze what they can do differently until they fit. This is where their critical thinking and 21st Century skills will come into play!
Just print and quickly cut on the lines (or simply print the NO PREP option) and you have instant Valentine's Day math centers that make skill practice fun and engaging. If you have some extra time, let your third, fourth, or fifth graders decorate the finished heart. These colored masterpieces can then be used as artwork for the classroom, to help decorate a bulletin board, or be hung in the hallway to add some festive art flair. (And no administrator complaints since it's an academic activity!)
Homeschool Families: You're going to love these puzzles as a last minute, print and go resource! The next time you have a crazy hectic home school day - grab, download, and go! You'll instantly get your sanity back, fit in some academic work, AND have fun at the same time.
Answer key included! Correcting is easy when you use the original fully formed heart to ensure all the numbers are in the correct order and the shape is fully created.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? Click here to follow my store so you get updates of new resources, sales, and more!
Thanks for looking!