Have your students apply their understanding of MULTIPLY AND DIVIDE DECIMALS with these ERROR ANALYSIS activities.
Benefits of Math Error Analysis:
Giving students opportunities to identify and correct errors in presented solutions allows them to show their understanding of the mathematical concepts you have taught.
This resource includes 10 real-world word problem that are solved incorrectly. Students have to IDENTIFY THE ERROR, provide the CORRECT SOLUTION and share a helpful STRATEGY for solving the problem. An ANSWER KEY has also been provided with examples of possible answers. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
How to Use:
When I present this activity to my students, I tell them that these are errors that students from my other class made and I need their help to correct them. Students LOVE correcting other students mistakes. Students can use these activities with a partner, as a warm-up , as classwork, homework, in math centers or group work.
Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
✔ Multiply decimals and whole numbers.
✔ Multiply decimals.
✔ Divide decimals by whole numbers.
✔ Divide decimals.
Common Core Alignment :
* 5.NBT.7 - ...multiply and divide decimals to hundredths, using concrete models or drawings and strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction;
* MP3 - Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
This resource is included in the following bundles:
* Multiply and Divide Decimals UNIT RESOURCE BUNDLE
* 5th Grade Math MEGA BUNDLE
More DECIMALS Resources
* Operations with Decimals SKILL PRACTICE WORKSHEETS
* Add and Subtract Decimals MAZE, RIDDLE & COLORING PAGE
* Multiply and Divide Decimals MAZE, RIDDLE & COLORING PAGE
More 5th GRADE review:
* 5th Grade Math Daily/Weekly REVIEW
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.