Also included in
- Use SONG LYRICS to teach EVERY middle school reading literature and reading informational text common core state standard for grade 6 - 8! 15 no prep lessons include editable lesson plan, student handouts, rubric, answer key, PowerPoint slides and Google Slides for no prep distance learning or Googl$30.00$50.00Save $20.00
- Music as Poetry and Short Films to teach inferencing, reading and writing skills to middle school students (Printable & Digital) - 33 no prep Grade 6 - 8 ELA lessons include editable lesson plan, student handouts, rubric, answer key, PowerPoint slides, Google Doc and Google Slides for no prep di$60.00$95.00Save $35.00
- Teach high school reading comprehension and analysis skills using music as poetry activities (Printable & Digital): Use song lyrics and music videos to teach EVERY high school reading literature and reading informational text common core state standard to cover entire Grade 9 - 12 English Curric$30.00$47.00Save $17.00
- Teach the entire grade 9 - 12 English curriculum using song lyrics and inspirational videos (Printable & Digital) - 32 music as poetry and short film lessons include editable lesson plans, student handouts, rubrics, answer keys, PowerPoint slides, Google Docs and Google Slides for no prep distan$65.00$101.00Save $36.00
This bundle is everything you need to teach poetry through music. Students learn about rhyme scheme, meter, poetic devices, literary elements and devices, making connections, poetry annotation and literary analysis.
Perfect for distance learning!
No prep student handouts, answer key, PowerPoint slides, and Google Drive link (Google slides) for no prep lessons or Google Classroom activities!
Want my Music as Poetry Bundle to teach EVERY Reading Standard with Lyrics?
USE INCLUDED MUSIC ANALYSIS GUIDE WITH ANY SONG OR RAP
This product includes:
- Links to 4 song lyrics and music videos with accompanying note-taking page
- 4 poetry analysis ANSWER KEYS INCLUDED
- Analysis graphic organizer and analysis free response for ANY song/poem
- TP-CASTT poetry analysis guide and graphic organizer for ANY song/poem
- Meter and rhyme scheme mini lesson: one pager
- Poetic device matching activity with ANSWER KEY
- Literary device and figurative language matching activity with ANSWER KEY
- Figurative language study guide
- PowerPoint slides
This guide allows students to learn/practice:
- Types of Poetry
- Rhyme scheme
- Poetry annotation
- Poetry analysis
- Figurative language / poetic devices (symbolism, simile, allusion, etc.)
- Literary elements (tone/mood)
- Text-to-Self connections
- Text-to-Text connections
- Text-to-World connections
Simply click the links to print the lyrics and/or play the music videos.
Middle and High School students will love the lyrics and easy-to-follow guides. Play the music videos for extra engagement!
Use the poetry analysis answer key for mini lesson, guided practice or indpendnent practice grading purposes.
4 SONGS with LINKS TO LYRICS & MUSIC VIDEOS:
- Along the Watchtower, written by Bob Dylan & performed by Jimi Hendrix
- Symbol in My Driveway, Jack Johnson
- A Milli, Lil Wayne (clean version - but preview to decide if appropriate)
- Drop the World, Lil Wayne & Eminem (clean version - but preview to decide if appropriate)
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE SONGS, ARTISTS, RECORD COMPANIES, LINKS OR OTHER ENTITIES; IT IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
Aligned to the Common Core Standards for Reading Literature for grades 6-12.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
CULTURALLY RELEVANT READING & WRITING