Number 12 in my series "Songs for the Kodaly Classroom"
ta ti-ti to-o d rm s patterns.
When all are familiar with the song have students sit in a circle, one student kneeling head down hiding their eyes. Teacher chooses another student who will tap and knock on the back of the kneeling student. The kneeling student must then ask “Who’s that…?” The other student answers “I am …” and quietly resumes his place in the circle. The kneeling student must then identify who did the tapping. This song encourages attentive listening. The large interval d s on half notes is sometimes hard for the students to sing in tune – don’t introduce it too early.
SING & PLAY:
- song and game (p1 & p3)
- pass heart stuffy around the circle to beat,
note 2 beat pattern
- clap emphasize to-o
- fill in rhythm (p4)
- Rhythm Fish (p5) TpT
- sing words with hand signs, students imitate
- sing solfa with hand signs (p12)Hand sign game TpT
- fill in rhythm and solfa (p6)
- song puzzle demo (p9)
SOLFA ON STAFF:
- write in solfa above notes on staff (p7)
- A B A B1 (p8) note ti-tis look like ti-ka ti-kas
SONG PUZZLE (p9, 10 & 11)