Here's a set of comprehension printables for My Father's Dragon, a Common Core Text Exemplar for Grades 2 and 3. Easy prep for you, maximum engagement for your students! I use this book with third grade students, and have aligned the resources to the CCSS for that grade (see preview). They can also be used appropriately with second and fourth grade students.
This resource is also available as part of my complete literature unit for My Father's Dragon. You'll find the unit HERE.
Materials in this set:
★ Comprehension questions for each chapter, which can be used as:
• Discussion questions for group work
• Worksheets for independent or partner work
• Chapter quizzes
Download the preview for a sample!
★ Comprehension graphic organizers:
• Elmer's Knapsack
• Cause & Effect
• Who Said It?
★ Answer Key
Your students will also love:
• MY FATHER'S DRAGON – Readers Theater Scripts for Fluency Practice
• MY FATHER'S DRAGON – Task Card Fun!
• MY FATHER'S DRAGON - Complete Literature Unit
• THE STORIES JULIAN TELLS – Complete Literature Unit
• THE STORIES JULIAN TELLS Task Cards
• Save money by building a custom bundle! It's like having your own private sale! Find more information HERE.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you credits towards FREE TpT purchases. I love reading your feedback!
If you like my work, follow my store to be notified when new resources are listed in my store. It pays to be a follower--new resources are 50% off for the first 24 hours!
Thank you for looking! Please contact me if you have any questions.