Here's a set of Readers' Theater scripts for My Father's Dragon, the classic novel (and Common Core Text Exemplar) by Ruth Stiles Gannett. Readers' Theater is a powerful way to build fluency by providing structure and purpose for reading. And, it's fun! Easy prep for you, maximum engagement for your students!
This resource is also available as part of my complete literature unit for My Father's Dragon. You'll find the unit HERE.
This set includes a Readers' Theater script (written for three readers) for each chapter of My Father's Dragon. (Since the novel is now in the public domain it is permissible to use the text in this way.) Children practice their individual part, read the passage aloud with their group, and then trade parts, repeating the process until each student has read all three parts. Download the preview for a sample script!
Powerful, fun fluency practice!
You might also be interested in:
• MY FATHER'S DRAGON – Complete Unit
• MY FATHER'S DRAGON – Comprehension Resources
• MY FATHER'S DRAGON – Task Card Bingo!
• THE STORIES JULIAN TELLS – Complete Literature Unit
• THE STORIES JULIAN TELLS Task Cards
• Save money by building a custom bundle! It's like having your own private sale! Find more information HERE.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you credits towards FREE TpT purchases. I love reading your feedback!
If you like my work, follow my store to be notified when new resources are listed in my store. It pays to be a follower--new resources are 50% off for the first 24 hours!
Thank you for looking! Please contact me if you have any questions.