This unit organizer is a great way to set up your MYP science units! It's equally useful for teachers and students. Simply copy and paste standards or objectives from your curriculum into the learning target section, then add links a variety of resources aligned with each target so that your students can follow them according to their own interests and pace. Edit your copy and share it out to your classes, creating individual copies for each student through your school's LMS.
- Color-coded sections make for easy organization and reference for students.
- Facilitates flipped and blended learning environments.
- Students can work directly in the organizer, which makes self- and teacher-assessment simple.
- Chili pepper homework section moves students from the lower levels of Bloom's taxonomy of learning (mild tasks) to higher-level thinking skills (hot tasks).
- A menu of multiple formative tasks across different levels of Bloom's taxonomy provide students ample choice for a personalized learning experience.
- Embedded Approaches to Learning (ATL) reflection section.
- Instructions as written are applicable to any field of science - biology, chemistry, ecology, and physics.
- Hyperlinks to MYP rubrics for each criterion.