This 4 page handout contains:
1. Text of Act 1 Scene 1 with instructions for students to annotate and come up with words/phrases that contribute to a mood.
2. Instructions to watch 3 YouTube videos of Act I Scene 1 (search on YouTube, and you'll find one clip with all three versions) and determine which version was the most engaging to start a Macbeth film.
3. Questions to answer for Act 1 Scene 2 after reading.
4. A piece of artwork done of Macbeth for students to analyze colors, body positioning, facial expressions, object placement, etc.
5. Place for students to make a claim about the witches based on the image.
6. A spot for students to attach post-it annotations for Act 1 Scene 3. and to answer questions about the scene.
7. A final place for students to analyze the role of the witches thus far in Act 1, scenes 1-3.
Overall, right away when starting this play, students will be able to interact with the text in a variety of ways to become engaged in the story.