Macbeth - A specially adapted version of Macbeth - Act 2 and activities. I wanted to adapt Macbeth so that Special Ed students could study - and enjoy the play. I have kept the plot, character motivation, scenes etc, but it's in simplified language. Because of this, the resource is also ideal for ANY student studying the play as it simplifies the plot so they can understand what's happening and compare it with the difficult to read original. It will be easier for them to grasp what happens in each scene. It's also suitable for GCSE students, adult literacy classes and ESOL classes
This is a complete unit of study of Act 2.
This resource includes -
* 28 power point slides (illustrated) with the adapted text of Macbeth.
* 12 page (illustrated) adapted text handout
* A short answer reading comprehension quiz, covering all 4 scenes of act 2 (multiple choice, true/false, missing word).
* Answer sheet.
* Lessons King Duncan learned too late handout
* Irony handout
* Meet the characters handouts for -
- Lady Macbeth
- The witches
* X2 word search activities.
* Lost the plot?? activity.
* Activity sheet - Invent a word.
* Activity sheet - Write a newspaper front page activity.
* Role play activity.
* Peer performance record sheet.
* Self evaluation sheet.
* Handout - recap of Act 2 - Some questions to think about.