dapted) Act 2 and activities
Prepared by flissthecat
Macbeth - A specially adapted version of Macbeth - Act 2 and activities. I wanted to adapt Macbeth so that Special Ed students could study - and enjoy the play. I have kept the plot, character motivation, scenes etc, but it's in simplified language. Because of this, the resource is also ideal for ANY student studying the play as it simplifies the plot so they can understand what's happening and compare it with the difficult to read Elizabethan original. It will be easier for them to grasp what happens in each scene then as the language is always difficult for anyone reading the play. It's therefore also suitable for GCSE students, adult literacy classes and ESOL classes.
This is a complete unit of study of Act 2. (The rest of the acts will follow soon).
This resource includes -
* 22 power point slides (illustrated) with the adapted text of Macbeth.
* A short answer reading comprehension quiz, covering all 4 scenes of act 2 (multiple choice, true/false, missing word).
* Answer sheet.
* X2 word search activities.
* Lost the plot?? activity.
* Activity sheet - Invent a word.
* Activity sheet - Write a newspaper front page activity.
* Handout - PDF of presentation slides to print off.
* Role play activity.
* Peer performance record sheet.
* Self evaluation sheet.
* Handout - recap of Act 2 - Some questions to think about.