This full unit guided reading packet is the only handout you will need to teach the entirety of Macbeth using No Fear Shakespeare! The bundle includes a 60-slide PowerPoint that is fully linked to every page in the packet, allowing you to engage the students visually and help keep them on track! It even allows you to project all of the individual packet questions, and write answers (or have students write answers) on the board, which will help students stay focused. (Note: If you're looking for a full unit bundle for Macbeth (including tests, quizzes, writing assignments, and activities), you can follow the link here
The contents of the packet and PowerPoint are Common-Core aligned, and designed with ELL students and students with IEPs in mind. The packet makes the complex text accessible for these students, and is highly organized and structured in order to keep them engaged and on task!
The packet includes:
1) A pre-reading discussion activity to generate interest in and reflection on topics that will arise during the play.
2) A page for taking notes on Shakespeare and Elizabethan theater.
3) A list of drama terms to help students master vocabulary.
4) A character map to help students recall relationship among characters.
5) Guided reading questions that require students to demonstrate comprehension of the text, as well as use higher-order thinking skills to conduct analyses. The questions are broken down into acts and scenes in order to guide students' reading.
Links to other materials I have for teaching Shakespeare can be found below.
Macbeth Full Unit Bundle (for No Fear Shakespeare)
Macbeth Full Unit Guided Reading Packet (for No Fear Shakespeare)
Macbeth Test Acts 1-3 (for No Fear Shakespeare)
Macbeth Test Acts 4-5 (for No Fear Shakespeare)