These homework assignments are originally part of our full Macbeth unit. We decided to sell this component separately and it includes the 35 page unit for 21 individual homework assignments. Certain homework assignments target key important scenes, while other assignments review themes and motifs after they have been fully developed with close readings of the text.
These twenty one assignments can just as easily be used in class as part of a review activity. They can be completed individually, with partners or in cooperative groups as they work to reference evidence from the text to support their opinions.
Most importantly, students continue to practice their close reading skills as every homework assignment requires students to return to the text or their notes in order to provide detailed examples or direct quotes to support their ideas and opinions.
The Word Document format allows you to adjust any part of the assignments to suit your teaching style.
Homework Titles include:
• “Two Macbeths”
• Macbeth’s Downward Spiral
• Macbeth and Lady Macbeth’s Transformation
• Initial Characterization
• Comparison of Macbeth and Banquo
• Newspaper Article: Overview of the play
• Characters who pose a Threat to Macbeth
• Macbeth’s Ability to Control his own Fate
• Comparison of Macbeth’s two Encounters with the Witches
• Macbeth and Lady Macbeth: Role Reversal
• Analyzing Macbeth’s Motive’s for Murder
• Encountering the Witches: Macbeth’s Personal Change
• Four Kings: Duncan, Macbeth, Edward and Malcolm