This resource includes:
1) two reading passages about William Shakespeare’s play, Macbeth. The passages provide a brief historical background on the playwright as well as the background of the play and its basis in history. The passages total about 1000 words in length and are both illustrated;
2) a list of ten vocabulary words and expressions found in the passages (5 from each) for students to define;
3) six questions on the two passages that encourage critical thinking and measure understanding;
4) a “Vocabulary Expansion” sheet that includes 9 statements about Shakespeare and Macbeth (some are similar in content to what appears in the passages but most are not); students use the twelve words in the word bank at the top of the page to complete the sentences; and
5) answer keys for 2, 3, and 4 above.
I have a similar resources available in my store for Julius Caesar, Hamlet, and Romeo and Juliet as well as other resources about Shakespeare:
An Introduction to Romeo and Juliet
An Introduction to Julius Caesar
An Introduction to Hamlet
5 Days with William Shakespeare
Was William Shakespeare Really Shakespeare?
Romeo and Juliet Movie Critique Activity
Shakespeare Poster Templates Set of 22
The poster template set, the 5 Days with William Shakespeare resource, and the Was Shakespeare Really Shakespeare unit are available at a discounted price in a bundle:
Looking for something for younger students? This resource is a good informational text and worksheet packet: