Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.16 MB | approx 25 pages
This engaging and interesting lesson aims to improve students’ understanding of one of the key characters in William Shakespeare’s Macbeth: Lady Macbeth. In particular, they learn to insightful interpretations about the character, and are enabled to draw links between Lady Macbeth and their knowledge of women in Shakespearean times.
The lesson utilises a range of tasks, that require students to be visual and interactive learners. It follows this learning journey:
- Inferring key information about the character of Lady Macbeth from picture clues;
- Identifying and ordering the key events in the text in which Lady Macbeth is involved;
- Understanding her role in the rise and downfall of Macbeth;
- Comparing and contrasting between her character and the expected role of women at the time the play was written;
- Analysing Shakespeare's development of Lady Macbeth as a key character throughout the text;
- Evaluating the learning in the lesson.
Included in this resource pack are:
- A well-presented, thorough, and informative, whole-lesson PowerPoint presentation;
- Resources for the sequencing activity, detailing Lady Macbeth's numerous actions throughout the play;
- A template to help scaffold the main task, complete with P.E.E instructions;
- A comprehensive teacher guidance form/lesson plan to assist delivery.
All images in this resource are licensed for commercial use, and are cited on the final slide of the lesson presentation.