Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.27 MB | 16 pages
Macbeth is a very complex drama that introduces literary concepts that are complicated and new to most students. These PPTs, prompts, performance sets, and discussion questions can help you illustrate and explain ideas such as paradox, duality, equivocation, and motifs within the framework of Macbeth. This is not a unit plan but could easily be integrated into your existing unit plan. Included in this bundle are:
1. Paradox in Macbeth: This can be used as an anticipation lecture. It introduces paradox within the frame of country song with a link, includes lyrics, quotes from the play with analysis, and introduces the parallel ideas of duality and equivocation.
2. The Porter Scene: This presentation covers comic relief and analyzes the scene for equivocation. Answer key is provided.
3. Prompts: These prompts can be used as class discussion questions or as short response prompts. No answer key.
4. Performance Prompts: Four scenes with guiding questions that students can perform. The questions help the students understand the scene before they try to perform it. Three of prompts are set up so that one person reads and the other does a silent performance.
5. Bird Motif Presentation: Birds provide major symbolic meaning in Macbeth. This PPT explains it all in chronological order. After this presentation, I typically set my students off to locate other motifs (not included).
All materials are fully editable to customize them to your classroom and students.