offers our students so many ways to make connections that it's the perfect opportunity to have students write a personal narrative. Writing a story that makes a connection allows students to not only wrap their heads around the characters and themes, but also helps them to understand the universality of Shakespeare's messages.
While this product is not a detailed lesson on the genre of personal narrative, it does guide the students to follow the steps necessary to write an effective, compelling story. They will have the opportunity to do pre-writing to develop their ideas and to complete tasks that will help them focus on the elements of narration. There is also an optional handout that asks students to make more specific connections to the play, with quotations that illustrate the connection. You can read about how and why I use this assignment in my own classroom HERE.
In this file you will find:
• A process based approach to writing a personal narrative
• A slideshow that will guide your instruction
• Detailed handouts for students
• Editable instructions and rubric
You might like to check out:
• Collaborative Placemats for Discussing the Play.
• Macbeth Jumbo Pack
• Narrative Writing Stations
• To Kill a Mockingbird Personal Narrative
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.