This print-and-use lesson worksheet is part of my teaching unit for Shakespeare’s Macbeth. It focuses specifically on Act 1, Scenes 2-3 of the play. The worksheet includes:
- Comprehension Questions for Act 1, Scenes 2-3 of Macbeth
- Drama Activity: This is an activity designed to encourage students to engage with the text on stage. The activity provides various ways to interactively allow the students’ to identify with Macbeth’s situation, and his central dilemma when faced with the witches proclaiming him king.
- Analysing Imagery & Language Activity: Again, an activity designed to bring to life Shakespeare’s iconic imagery in this scene, which is used to highlight how Macbeth is a character full of contradictions.
- Exam Practice & Close reading activity: This activity guides through a sample extract analysis question, and can be used as IGCSE or even IB exam practice, or can be used simply as an excellent close reading activity.
- MODEL ANSWERS for all the questions + activities as well as a teacher’s guide and further in-depth analysis and commentary of the relevant aspects of Act 1, Scenes 2-3 of Macbeth
This worksheet, as indeed all of my Macbeth handouts and activities are specifically designed to be read at IGCSE level or in preparation for the IGCSE English Literature exams. But they can be used independent of these exams and the IGCSE curriculum, too, of course!
The level is certainly also high enough to be used if you have made Macbeth one of the set texts for your IB English A: Literature or English A: Langauge & Literature course.
Enjoy, and please leave feedback!