Macbeth workbook covering Act 1 of the play. 50 pages in total. In PDF, so you can print it off and bind how you want it, or use as individual worksheets in the order you prefer. (I use plastic folders which 'grip' the pages and keep them in place and secure, but other methods of binding are available).
HUGE resource compiled to save you time...
* Opening scene question sheet (longer written response questions).
* Lost the plot?? (worksheet).
* Who am I?? (worksheet).
* Shakespearean language v's modern language (handout.)
* Shakespearean phrases (highlighting task).
* Meet the characters (character profiles and illustrations they can colour in).
* Irony (handout).
* Discussion sheet (prompts for class discussion).
* Quiz (multiple choice/true/false questions).
* Main events (bullet point handout).
* Unit project (an ongoing task for the unit).
* Journal prompt (for their chosen project).
* Answer sheets.
Suggestions for using this resource -
The workbook is designed to be used alongside study of the text of Macbeth. The activities assess students' learning and understanding of the play using multiple choice/true/false questions as well as longer, more in-depth questions. There are also helpful handouts included which students can refer back to whilst studying the rest of the play. The discussion questions involve the whole class in engaging deeper with the play.
You can use the resources in a different order to the one suggested. You can also 'cherry pick' which resources from the workbook you feel will work best with your students or you can adapt them further.
The unit project is an on-going journal in which the students have to decide which Elizabethan profession they are in. From this, they will fill in relevant quotes/details from the play as they progress through it. This project encourages them to focus on the text and events.
A journal prompt is included to start their journals off.
A 13 slide presentation on background and context is also included.
Other workbooks covering the rest of the play will be available soon.