Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This 19-page full unit guided reading packet is the only handout you will need to teach Macbeth using No Fear Shakespeare. (If you're looking for a full unit bundle for Macbeth -- including a PowerPoint, tests, quizzes, writing assignments, and activities -- you can follow the link here.)
The download includes an answer key to help with lesson planning, as well as a PDF version of the packet in case you encounter compatibility issues.
The contents of the packet are Common-Core aligned, and designed to be used with No Fear Shakespeare. It makes the complex text readily accessible for younger students, struggling readers, ELL students, or students with IEPs. The packet is highly organized and structured in order to keep students engaged and on task.
The packet includes:
1) A pre-reading discussion activity to generate interest in and reflection on topics that will arise during the play.
2) A page for taking notes on Shakespeare and Elizabethan theater.
3) A list of drama terms to help students master vocabulary.
4) A character map to help students recall relationship among characters.
5) Guided reading questions that require students to demonstrate comprehension of the text, as well as use higher-order thinking skills to conduct analyses. The questions are broken down into acts and scenes in order to guide students' reading.
Below are some links to more of my Macbeth materials.