Macbeth - A specially adapted version of Macbeth - Act 1 and activities. I wanted to adapt Macbeth so that Special Ed students could study - and enjoy the play. (I'm on a quest to get the classics into special ed classrooms). I have kept the plot, character motivation, scenes etc - and even a bit of rhyme, but it is in simplified language. Because of this, the resource is also ideal for ANY student studying the play as it simplifies the plot so they can understand what's happening and compare it with the difficult to read Elizabethan original. It will be easier for them to grasp what happens in each scene then as the language is always tricky for anyone reading the play. It's also suitable for adult literacy classes and ESOL classes.
This is a complete unit of study of Act 1. (The rest of the acts will follow soon).
This resource includes -
* 27 power point slides (illustrated) with the adapted text of Macbeth.
* 35 short answer question quiz, covering all 7 scenes of act 1 (multiple choice, true/false, missing word).
* Answer sheet.
* Class discussion sheet - Consequence and conscience, further discussion questions, highlighting activity.
* Activity sheet - Write a letter.
* Activity sheet - Draw a poster.
* Handout - PDF of presentation slides to print off (I print it off in grey scale).
* Role play activity.
* Peer performance record sheet.
* Self evaluation sheet.
* Handout - re-cap of Act 1 - Some questions to think about.