Who wants to be a Technical Illustrator? I do!! This lesson encourages students to practice their observational drawing skills by drawing machine parts. Students are also exposed to creating form with different values of ink wash and contour lines. Throughout the course of this project, students learn how to plan, depict, and apply lines/values to their own compositions. My 7th graders completed this project this year. Each student created an original composition and I couldn't have been happier with the results.
In this lesson plan, I've included:
- Objective - Learning Targets
- Virginia Art SOLs
- Art Career Connections
- Artist connections
- Project Criteria
- Plans for Differentiation / Accommodation
- Plans for Extension
Please be respectful of this intellectual property.
You are allowed to:
• Use this lesson in your classroom (or homeschool environment) year after year.
• Make a copy of items in this resource for use in your classroom by your students.
• Purchase extra licenses for other educators to use in their classrooms.
• Review this item for the purpose of recommending it to others provided you include a link to this product. This includes writing about this resource and sharing your own experience on your social media/blog.
You may not:
• Give a copy of this lesson plan to others, including teachers, in any format.
• Copy this document, or any part within, for use by others.
• Post this lesson plan on a website, including a personal, classroom or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this lesson plan to offer for free or for sale.