Macromolecules Biochemistry Card Sort Game
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This complete teaching unit on "Biochemistry: The Chemistry of Life" includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Many of the resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats. Resources include an 88-Slide Powerpoint presentation packed witPrice $45.99Original Price $60.45Save $14.46
- This NO PREP, PRINTABLE, EDITABLE, AND DIGITAL Biology Curriculum contains everything you need for an entire year of Biology! For less than $3 a day, you can save your time, energy, and sanity. Each of the 20 Complete Units includes a teaching PowerPoint presentation, notes, labs, homework assignmenPrice $535.00Original Price $982.16Save $447.16
This printable or digital resource is an organic compounds Mix-n-Match Card Sort Game used to reinforce and review the four groups of macromolecules: Carbohydrates, Lipids, Proteins, and Nucleic Acids. Students will match descriptions and pictures to the correct organic compound group. This resource is editable and is easily differentiated for students of different grade levels and ability levels.
What is included in this product?
- 4 Large Printable and Editable Compound Cards
- 75 Printable and Editable Answer Cards
- Paperless, digital Google Apps Version for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar.
- 8 Page Teacher Guide and Answer Key
- Printable and Editable Student Answer Sheet
- Teacher Guide to Google Apps
- An edible set of blank cards is included in case you want to add something of your own to the game.
What will the students be doing?
Students will place the 4 larger organic compound cards on a table. They will read an answer card and place that card with the correct macromolecule. The answer cards include pictures and characteristics of each of the groups of macromolecules.
- Please Note: The digital version is in a "drag and drop" format. In Google Slides, students will place each answer card with the correct organic compound group.
Extremely Low Prep! Once you download the product, you are just minutes away from using this game with your class. Simply:
- You now have a review game that can be used year after year after year.
Highly adapted for students of different grades or ability levels. This particular game is extremely versatile. Make the game as easy or as hard as you want by selecting which “answer cards” you want to use. This game can be tailored to meet the needs of any life science or biology class. For an advanced class, use all of the answer cards. For a younger class, or a lower level class, pick fewer answer cards to use in the game.
Because you tailor the game to meet your needs, this product is suitable for any life science or biology class in grades 7-12.
I have included a student answer sheet. It is an optional component. If you choose, you can use the answer sheet to have the student record each answer statement. The completed answer sheet makes a perfect study guide for the unit test.
How can this card sort game be used?
- Card Sort Classwork Activity
- Competitive Game Format:
- First Day Instruction:
- Review and Reinforcement
- End of Course Test Prep
Related products include:
Biochemistry PowerPoint with notes for teacher and student.
Macromolecules Color by Number Activity
Biology Buzz Words: Biochemistry and The Chemistry of Life
Biochemistry Google Sheets Hidden Picture Reveal Activities - 4 Game Set
Lab: Testing for Organic Compounds in Foods
Lab: Catalase in Plant and Animal Cells
Enzymes Color By Number Activity
Organic Compounds Homework or Quiz
Lab: Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Biochemistry Homework Assignment and Study Guide Worksheets
Biochemistry quizzes--Set of 2
Biochemistry Jeopardy Review Games - Set of 2
Organic Compounds Graphic Organizer
Lab: How Do Cells Deal With Changes in pH?
Test: The Chemistry of Life (Biochemistry)
The Properties of Water That Make Life on Earth Possible PowerPoint with Notes
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store: