This unit, which I use for the few days of school before Thanksgiving, is all about the history of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.
Included in this mini unit are the following:
1. An organizer to check for prior knowledge
2. An interactive PDF about the Parade that includes poll questions, videos, photos, virtual field trips, and a chance to draw their own balloon.
3. Book suggestions.
4. Reading responses for the historical fiction book.
5. A choice board full of activities to assess student learning
6. A STEM activity where students design their own parade balloon.