This is a fun writing activity where students will collect adjectives and nouns from a classmate/writing partner/friend and fill in the blanks to a story they wrote, to create a new, silly story.
They will have practice using graphic organizers. This activity will re-inforce problem/solution, beginning/middle/end, use of adjectives and nouns. It allows students to create a story that is new and different, to teach that writing can be a lot of fun!
1. Students will be encouraged to pick a topic for their story creation using a graphic organizer.
2. Students will come up with a problem/solution in their story using a graphic organizer.
3. Students will write a story using a strong beginning, middle, end and as many adjectives and nouns as they can.
4. Students will replace their nouns and adjectives with blank spaces, to be filled in later.
5. Students will ask a classmate for a list of adjectives/nouns to be filled into a graphic organizer.
6. Students will fill in their story with new adjectives/nouns and then read and enjoy together!
This packet can also be placed in a writing center, enrichment center, or used when other work is finished.