Madam CJ Walker Biography Set | Women's History Month Reading Passage
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This Black History Month Activities Bundle with Anti-racism bonuses has several resources that support learning about Black History while also addressing social justice and anti-racist teaching. This bundle will give you the tools and activities to have a more culturally responsive and anti-racist cPrice $37.55Original Price $50.05Save $12.50
- February is a month filled with exciting events and holidays! But it can be overwhelming trying to find activities for each event. This bundle is just for you! It is filled with engaging resources that allow you to cover every holiday and special occasion during the month of February, without sacrifPrice $54.65Original Price $78.05Save $23.40
Madam CJ Walker aka Sarah Breedlove was the first African-American female millionaire in America. She is an important figure in American history who helped pave the way for other female entrepreneurs.
This biography/history set was designed to help students learn more about her life PLUS practice reading closely and determining vocabulary in context.
I also created this resource to give students an opportunity to embark on their own research about Madam CJ Walker to compare what they find with the non-fiction reading comprehension pages included in this set.
Many students who are learning about inventors, pioneers, and entrepreneurs will enjoy learning about how Madam CJ Walker was all three of those!
This standards-aligned resource is good for 4th-6th grade students. Your students will learn more about Madam CJ Walker through:
- 2 Page Reading Comprehension Worksheets w/Answer Keys
- Graphic Organizers
- Kid-Safe Research Activity on the holiday
- Reading Comprehension Questions that can be used for an Assessment
- Ink-Saving Copies of all worksheets
- Vocabulary Activity with AND without QR Codes
- QR Code Troubleshooting Guide for Teachers
You can use this resource any time throughout the school year; not just for Black History or Women's History Month.
For more biographies and history resources, visit HERE.
⭐DISTANCE LEARNING---You can send this home as a printable packet OR Use the NEW TpT Digital Tool which allows your students to complete this as an interactive PDF!
Adjustments have already been made allowing the PDF to be used digitally, but you can make further adjustments to use with your students through Google Classroom.
❤️Join Here for Weekly Email Freebies
❤️The Butterfly Teacher on Facebook
❤️Ideas, Resources, and More on the Blog
Be sure to click the green star ★ beside my picture to follow me for updates and to get first dibs on the latest classroom goodies from me!
Thank you in advance for leaving constructive and helpful feedback and ratings on this resource. This feedback helps me to serve you better.
©Tanya G. Marshall--The Butterfly Teacher, All Rights Reserved 2020 (UPDATE)
Pixabay Photos--image credit
For ALL resources from my store, please be mindful of "sharing" resources with co-teachers and other teacher-friends. I offer generous multiple-license discounts and school-wide licenses so that your teaching team can have copies for themselves.
Thanks for honoring these professional standards of ethics.