Having both taught in self-contained special education classrooms, Gabrielle (Teaching Special Thinkers) and Michaela Lawrence (Especially Education) have experienced the difficulties and frustrations of finding appropriate resources to meet the needs of their students.
Our mission behind the Made For Me Curriculum is to provide teachers with engaging, comprehensive reading and math units that were designed with special learners in mind. You can read more about Made For Me Literacy here.
This Growing Bundle is not yet completed, but will contain 10 units upon completion. Each month we will announce when the new unit is ready for download. By purchasing now, you are receiving a year’s worth of content at an extremely discounted rate.
All read-aloud materials accompany texts (purchased separately). You can find our book list here.
The units will be as follows:
- Unit 1: Colors (available now)
- Unit 2: Numbers 0-5 (available now)
- Unit 3: Numbers 0-10 (available now)
- Unit 4: Sorting and Classifying (available mid-November)
- Unit 5: Comparing Numbers to 10 (available mid-December)
- Unit 6: Patterns and Positional Words (available mid-January)
- Unit 7: Shapes (available mid-February)
- Unit 8: Basic Addition (available mid-March)
- Unit 9: Basic Subtraction (available mid-April)
- Unit 10: Non-Standard Measurement (available mid-May)
Included in each monthly unit:
• Two Story Time Read Alouds (with adapted book and story map pieces)
• Interactive Comprehension Assessments (printable and electronic files included)
• Interactive Tablet Tasks
• Low-prep Anchor Charts
• Easy Art Activities
• Adapted Writing
• 10 Hands-On Centers (with expansion activities to increase difficulty)
• 10 Skill Practice Worksheets (each with 2 levels)
• Assessments and Data Sheets
• Visual Recipes (one edible and one sensory recipe per month)
• Vocabulary Visuals and Posters
Read more about Made For Me Literacy.
Check out our Free Mini Units
Join our Facebook Group for exclusive freebies.
Get the book list for the entire year.
See Made For Me Literacy products in action on social media.
© Especially Education & Teaching Special Thinkers