Mae Jemison was the first African American female astronaut in space. She also went to medical school and worked in other countries helping those in need. She spends her life teaching students how to take opportunities in life and become contributing citizens in their community. This unit includes a lesson and culminating multiple intelligence activities that your children will complete to learn about the life of an astronaut and the road to success.
Included in the package:
- Mae Jemison Informational Text
- Prezi Lesson
- Written Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Making Inferences
C. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- 1 YouTube Videos (Mae Jemison- I Wanted to Go to Space) 2 minutes
- 1 Vocabulary Graphic Organizer
- 1 Vocabulary Practice sheet
- 1 Graphic Organizer (Making Inferences)
- Text-Based Questions. Answer key included.
- 9 Multiple Intelligence Activities including a Bible Companion Lesson
42 Pages + 27 Slides
Go to Laura Randazzo’s TpT store and download her FREE step by step guide to open a Prezi.