Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This mini unit is one students of all ages love, as it's focused on more creative persuasive writing, and the media/artistic design of their own magazine!
It's perfect for in class and/or as take home work, depending on your needs. The unit is comprised of two focal parts/assignments that can be taught together or separately: the first is writing an informal, persuasive (‘soft’) magazine article; the second is to actually design and create a magazine (covers, layouts, table of contents, ads).
THE PACKAGE INCLUDES
- 10 Persuasive Techniques Handout
- Rhetorical/Style Devices Handout
- Types of Tone Handout
- How to Persuasively Layer Handout
- Reading analysis and Persuasive Writing activities/worksheets (great as lessons to get students comfortable with the content)
- Parts of Magazine List & Student led analysis/round table activity
- Persuasive Essay Assignment (with rubric)
- Magazine Creation Assignment (with individual & optional group work rubrics)
*REVIEW THIS ITEM AND GET A SECOND ITEM FREE*