Magazine Project | Google Slides | Passion Writing Template with Videos
Also included in
- Engage students in digital writing with these fun weekly Google Slides writing projects. Students will practice common core writing with engaging prompts including narrative, informative, opinion and how to pieces throughout the year. ALL teaching videos are already included.. simply assign and go!Price $120.00Original Price $152.00Save $32.00
Engage students in writing a magazine passion project with this fun Google Slides digital writing template. Perfect as an end of the year activity, students will write a narrative, opinion, informative, procedural, poem, comic and more focused around a topic of their choice.
This project is perfect for:
- End of the year portfolio activity
- Engaging ALP students in a passion project
- Independent work during testing season
ALL teaching videos are already included.. simply assign and go! Excellent for digital learning, distance learning, homeschool teachers, hybrid teaching, guest teachers, student teachers and the average busy teacher!
Students will practice basic skills on Google Slides while working on this presentation. ALL TEACHING VIDEOS are included, or can be replaced with videos that you make. Simply assign, and students will be ready to go.
This unit includes 20 lessons across four weeks of writing.
- Day 1: Lesson overview, plan magazine, write a poem
- Day 2: Plan for opinion piece
- Day 3: 1/2 of opinion draft
- Day 4: 1/2 of opinion draft
- Day 5: Revise/edit/grade opinion
- Day 6: Narrative plan
- Day 7: 1/2 Narrative draft
- Day 8: 1/2 Narrative draft
- Day 9: Revise/edit/grade narrative
- Day 10: Add comic and joke
- Day 11: Plan informational writing
- Day 12: 1/2 informational draft
- Day 13: 1/2 informational draft
- Day 14: Revise/edit/grade informative
- Day 15: Add text features to writing, create a word search
- Day 16: How to writing
- Day 17: Write a letter with a problem
- Day 18: Write a letter with a solution
- Day 19: Autobiography & finishing touches
- Day 20: Front cover, back cover, final read
Please note, this is a cumulative project. This is meant to be taught when students are already familiar with the genres of writing. Time is focused more on the CRAFT of writing than HOW to write each genre.
What you get with the download:
A PDF linking to:
- 4 Weeks of Teaching Slides
- Student Publishing Template
- Teacher Example
This was designed for second or third graders, but can be adapted to be implemented in first grade classrooms.
All video links are also included, for troubleshooting purposes for districts that have permissions settings.
These lessons build on each other, so videos might go through previously covered topics rather quickly. If you would like the comprehensive resource, upgrade to the bundle.
A FREE subscription to Epic Books will help students with research, but is not required to complete this project. Any nonfiction tools that students have available to gather information will work.
Students having the Chrome Extension Web Paint will help with one part of this assignment, but it is not necessary.
Check out A YEAR OF DIGITAL WRITING LESSONS [a growing bundle]:
- Stellar Student Informative Writing
- Sun-Sational Summer Narrative Writing
- Stuffie Adventures Narrative Writing
- Rocking Road Trip Narrative Writing
- Flat Teacher Bitmoji Project Narrative Writing
- The Best Season Opinion Writing
- Cat vs. Dog Opinion Writing
- The BEST Candy Opinion Writing
- My Spooky Story Narrative Writing
- Pumpkins Informative Writing
- Bats Informative Writing
- My Family's Thanksgiving Personal Informative Writing
- How to Catch a Turkey Informative/How To Writing
- Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative Writing
- Bonus: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Informative Writing Project
- Letter To Santa Opinion Writing
- My Night on the Polar Express Narrative Writing
- How to Catch an Elf Informative/How To Writing
- Love Monster Informative Writing
- The Sweetest Person Opinion Writing
- The Best Part of Me Opinion Writing
- Book Review Opinion Writing
- Animal Research Project (3 weeks of Informative Writing)
- Magazine Writing Project (4 week cumulative project - opinion, narrative, informative, how to, letter writing and more)
May (Released April 16)
- Hey Little Ant Opinion Writing Project
- Insect Report Informative Writing
- A Buggy Life Narrative Writing
Looking for other digital resources?
Please open the preview file to see exactly what is included and ask all questions before purchasing.
Don't forget to follow me on TpT to get first access to my resources, which are always 20% off for the first 24 hours.
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.