Magazine Template | Cumulative Writing Passion Project
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Do you want to spice up your writing prompts with fun activities? This resource includes 25 units of writing covering informative, narrative, opinion and how to writing. Students will love the seasonal prompts, fun themes and exciting projects inside.This writing bundle is common core aligned and pPrice $70.00Original Price $81.00Save $11.00
Are you looking for a passion project or a cumulative end of year writing activity for students? Wrap up your year or begin a new year by reviewing ALL genres of writing focused on one topic: narrative, opinion, informative, how to, letter writing, poetry, and more.
This is a great way to learn more about your kiddos various passions while also assessing their writing. There are differentiated graphic organizers included to help students take their pieces through the writing process.
Types of Writing Included:
- an informative piece
- a narrative piece
- an opinion piece
- a how-to
- a poem
- an "advice column" letter
- fun pages (comics, word search, jokes, etc.)
- 20 Day Teaching Guide
- Magazine Planning Page (plan topic & pieces)
- 3 Brainstorming Pages (informative, opinion & narrative)
- 5 Planning Pages (informative, opinion, narrative, how to, poem, letter writing)
- 3 Editing Checklists (informative, opinion & narrative)
- 12 Magazine Publishing Pages [cover, table of contents, poetry, how to, editorial piece, daily news, fascinating facts, advice column, fun page (word search, comic strip, joke), back cover with about the author]
- 2 Pages of Rubrics (3 on each page - informative, narrative, opinion) and success criteria checklist
- Student Topic Ideas
- Picture Examples of Every Page
Ideas for Use: This product is very flexible to fit your needs. If you want a strictly informative magazine, students can write informative pieces only. Every type of writing comes with its own planning pages and drafting pages, which can also easily be done on loose-leaf paper to save copies. Rubrics, checklists and high quality examples are all included for your use.
There are 12 pages for the actual magazine, and any page could be duplicated or removed to make the magazine shorter or longer. This project is designed to take about 20 days, but can easily be condensed or lengthened to meet your groups' needs.
Students can pick from a large variety of topics that they come up with, or you can assign one topic for your entire group.
This project is a great way to supplement for your highest learners. This can be an independent passion project that they could research and work on, then share with the class.
Interested in other fun writing projects? Check these out below!
- Google Slides Magazine Writing Project
- Animal Habitat Project
- What If You Had Animal Adaptations Project
- Biography Writing Project
- Landform Island Project
Or check out my year long writing bundle to review all genres here: 40 Year Long Writing Projects.
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.