These worksheets allow you to use old magazines or catalogs to help students practice Common Core K-2 Language Standards related to Vocabulary Acquisition and Use (sorting words by category, identifying real-life connections between words and their use, distinguishing between shades of meaning, and demonstrating understanding of common adjectives and verbs and their antonyms). Students simply cut out pictures from old magazines to “fill out” these worksheets. This packet includes practice with the following “I can” statements (with both pre-filled and blank templates for each):
- I can sort words by category
- I can find connections between words and things in real-life
- I can find real-life things that are antonyms (opposites)
- I can understand the difference between adjectives (describing
- I can understand the difference between verbs (action words)
You can laminate or slip the sheets into page protectors for repeated use or, alternately, use paper copies so that students can glue magazine clippings to the paper and take home to show parents!