This lesson enables students to plan and create their own interesting, detailed, and imaginative feature articles. Through analysing existing feature articles, and noting their features of subject matter, language, and structure, students create articles that are highly appropriate to the genre and audiences of different magazines.
Over the course of their learning journey, students:
- Define and exemplify what feature articles are;
- Identify and understand the different language and subject matter elements are within feature articles;
- Analyse the language techniques and structures used within a model example of a feature article;
- Write their own imaginative and appropriate front covers;
- Peer and self assess each other's front cover attempts.
The resources include:
-Visually engaging whole-lesson PowerPoint;
-A colourful and clear helpsheet for writing to explain;
-Template for planning feature articles;
-Andy Murray feature article for analysis;
-Helpful and comprehensive step-by-step lesson plan.
All images are licensed for commercial use, and are cited on the final page of the slide.