This unit has tons of practice with "magic e" CVCe words! These activities are ideal for center work, literacy stations, independent work, whole or small group reading instruction!
This unit is print-and-go and will save you lots of time!
Here is what is included:
• Short and Long Vowel Sort: Read and sort short and long vowel CVCe words
• Magic E Words: Read, Trace, and Rainbow Write the CVCe words
• Build a Word: Cut and paste letters to build CVCe words.
• I Can Spell Magic E Words: Use picture to spell CVCe word 2 times
• CVCe Word Families: 2 word family houses on each page, 3 pages. Studentsbrainstorm or build words (provide letter magnets or manipulatives) with the given word families and record on the sheets.
• Magic E Mix It, Fix It (2 versions): Unscramble the word, write it correctly in pencil and then in rainbow colors. I recommend providing letter magnets to help students build the words. The first page contains CVCe words, the second contains CCVCe words (blends and digraphs).
• Draw It: Magic E! Read the sentences containing Magic E words. Draw a picture to match the sentence.
• Highlight a Magic E Word: Read, highlight, and write Magic E words.
• Magic E Words Book: Read, trace, write, draw a picture, and write a sentence containing the Magic E word.
• Magic E Decodable Story: Read the story containing decodable CVCe words, short vowel words, and common sight words. Highlight and record words.
• Magic E Decodable Story: Read the story containing CVCe words and answer comprehension questions by writing complete sentences.
• Magic E Sort: Read and sort long a-e, i-e, o-e, and u-e words.
• Short and Long Picture Sort: Sort pictures of short and long vowel words.
Please check out my other word work units:
Long Vowels Bundle: Phonics/Word Work
Short Vowels Bundle: Phonics/Word Work
Digraph Bundle: Ch, Sh, Th
Wacky Y Word Work
Ouch! Literacy Activities for the Ou/Ow Sound
I hope your students enjoy these activities! Please provide feedback. Thank you! :)