This 2-minute "Magic E" video teaches the concept of the silent e using a fun, upbeat tune. I have piloted this song as part of my Phonics Time program with 80 teachers and 1500 students in South Bay Union School District in San Diego, CA. The music is designed to "stick" in students' minds. I've also used the colors blue next to red as a research-based way to highlight important information: Children easily visualize how short vowel words transform into long vowel words. Use the "Magic E" video everyday in your classroom so that children internalize this important concept.
Along with the video that streams from TpT, you'll get:
1. Full color and black-and-white illustrated lyrics pages--Great for song/poetry notebooks, shared reading, and guided reading.
2. A private link to the video on Vimeo--ONLY accessible to people who purchase the product on TpT. From Vimeo, you can stream, download, and embed the video--for classroom use only, please!
3. "Magic e" flashcards--Great for interactive notebooks, and an easy, no-prep way to reinforce song concepts.
Encourage kindergarten, first grade, second grade, ELL, and special education students to...
1. Read as they sing, while watching the video.
2. Read lyrics as they listen to the mp3 song (music only).
3. Circle the "magic e" in words they find.
"That Magic E" aligns with the following Common Core State Standards:
Associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.
Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words.
Know final -e and common vowel team conventions for representing long vowel sounds.
Distinguish long and short vowels when reading regularly spelled one-syllable words.
Note that this is one of 31 videos in my Phonics Time COMPLETE set: Please click HERE. This set includes:
1. Access to all videos--to stream and download.
2. All 31 mp3 songs
3. An illustrated 35-page student lyric book
4. A 28-page teacher's guide including an introduction to phonics; teaching ideas to implement before, during, and after playing songs; and 3 quick assessments
5. Any "extras" that come with individual files on TpT
6. Access to my website, where I've featured all 31 videos along with simple lesson ideas on one convenient page.
Please also consider my:
***Note that ALL of my products are GUARANTEED. If you are not completely satisfied, I will refund your purchase price. Just write to me on TPT or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for trying my materials!