Mastering basic math facts is a critical component of early elementary math skills. This packet will motivate your students into using some "math magic" and mastering those math facts!
Included in the ZIP file are:
** An editable PowerPoint file containing the editable parent letter
* 3 Magic Math Class Status recording sheets
* 11 Timed tests for Adding 0 - 10
* 1 Timed test for adding doubles
* 1 Timed test for adding doubles +1
* 11 Timed tests for Subtracting 0 - 10
* 7 timed tests of mixed addition and subtraction
* 12 Dice adding games for adding 1 - 12
* 1 Subtraction tic tac toe game board
* Adding and subtracting with dice (2 sheets)
* Adding and Subtracting with dominoes (horizontal and vertical)(4 sheets)
* Magic Math Progress Certificate (color and black and white versions)
* Magic Math Completion Certificate (color and black and white versions)
* Magic Math Punch cards (color and black and white versions)
* Magic Math Progress Charts (6 styles, black and white)
* Bulletin Board Stars to chart progress (6 styles, black and white)
Timed tests come two to a sheet. Copy them and cut them in half. Have all students begin on adding with 0. There are 20 problems per test. I have each student choose a crayon before starting the test. Time students for 1 minute and see if they can correctly answer all problems. When the minute is up, I make them answer any problems they had left with the crayon.
You have some options as to how you display your students’ progress. Choose which option works best for you!
Option 1 - Print one bulletin board star for each student as seen in the preview. As students pass a level, place a small sticker on the star of what level they passed.
Option 2 - Print a magic math progress chart for each student. As students pass a level, place a small sticker on the star of what level they passed.
Option 3 - Print a punch card for each student. As students pass a level, place a small sticker on the star of what level they passed.
Brag Tags (in color and black and white) are provided for each level to recognize student progress.
See the preview for a look at everything included!
I now have Magic Math Boom Cards
available in my store! Provide your students with digital math fact practice through Boom Learning. 31 Boom Card Decks that correspond to the 31 levels in Magic Math! Use the digital decks to let your students practice their current level or use them to assess your students' mastery of their math facts!
Try the free Adding with 0
and Subtracting with 0