Make the literacy skill of silent e a "magical" experience for your students. This set of six differentiated activities will keep all of your kiddos challenged and engaged while they learn this critical skill. Before you know it...POOF!....they will have this skill down pat!
Simply print, laminate, cut, and let the Magic begin!
Your students will enjoy the following six activities:
1. Presto ! Change-O! – A hands-on activity in which students change cvc words into cvce words and then record them on paper.
2. Magic e Four in A Row- A cardstock board game the encourages students to practice using long vowel sounds and game strategy.
3. Magic e Tic Tac Toe – A classic game that practices cvce fluency
4. The Magician’s Hat – An engaging card game that encourages students to read cvce or ccvce words. Students try to collect the letters that spell "HAT" as they read through mage e words. The first one to collect "HAT" is the winner!
5. Highlight and Write – Search for and highlight Magic e words. Then write the word.
6. Add an e! Create cvce words, write a sentence, and illustrate
I hope that your students enjoy these activities as much as mine do! Happy teaching!